Thursday 30 January 2014

The Highwayman by Daniel

We have been learning about Highwayman by Alfred Noyes. We have been learning to describe images to set an image in your head.
                                                  Here is my work:

As the trees waltzed in the twinkling moonlight, the moon's oily black tears covered the forest. The wind of silence brushed past quickly. The sky were garnets that jumped and twirled.The road was a ribbon of moonlight;the peace and tranquility was caged like a piece of ivory being smuggled by thieves, only to be let out by day. Then, a dot appeared. It appeared to be the Highwayman, riding on his horse. Tlot! Tlot! Tlot!
His horse trampled on the last surviving rose.
This moor is a nightmare!

7 comments:

  1. I like the part when you start

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you described the setting. It felt like I was actually there when I was reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really engaged me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I like your picture

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave us a comment. Please abide by our rules and guidelines as you do so. Remember, Miss McIntosh is checking all comments, so give her a while to check your comment and it should appear on the blog shortly.